Our mission is to:
- Promote mental health literacy in urban and rural India using creative methodologies
- Under take research and provide research and consultancy services
- Collaborate with schools, colleges, universities, NGOs and Governmental agencies to develop the ‘voice’ and agency of urban and rural communities to examine Mental health Literacy for positive coping and wellbeing.
- Develop narrative data sets on lived experiences and expertise of mental, neurological and substance abuse (MNS) disorders
- Co-produce mental health recovery narratives of urban and rural communities for promoting mental health literacy
- Engage with general public and stakeholders using creative methodologies for developing public mental health awareness
- Co-produce policy and practice guidance for policy makers and professionals for promoting MHL, mental health and well-being
- Develop national and international partnerships for mental health literacy
- Interventions and knowledge exchange
- Work with national and international partners for promoting UN Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs).
- Develop interdisciplinary educational and research partnerships for promoting mental health literacy for wellbeing and sustainable development
Our activities and research will enable diverse rural and urban communities to recognise mental health, mental illness, reduce stigma surrounding mental illness, and seek help for leading healthy lives thus promoting economic and social development.
Our activities and research will spearhead the involvement new partners and stakeholders in urban and rural India using novel approach of creative arts-based methodologies to the understanding of Mental Health Literacy and its applicability in promoting mental health and reducing stigma of mental health in a country that is poised to become the second largest economy in the World by 2050.